Thinking of Buying a Business?? Need help and advice?
We are a CPA firm with over 30 years of experience helping business
buyers answer the following questions:
1. Do I need help to analyze the historical financial condition of the business?
2. Do I need help to determine the credibility of the seller's representations?
3. What is the expected cash flow of the business?
4. How can my CPA/advisor help me negotiate a favorable price and favorable terms?
5. Can the business support the debt I will assume?
6. Is there enough cash flow to pay off the loan to buy the business?
7. What information should I inspect when buying a business?
8. What multiple of cash flow should I pay? What is reasonable? Is it too much?
9. How do I know the business will earn sufficient profits to pay the purchase price?
10. What financial documents should be inspected to verify
the seller's sales and expenses?
11. What does the average business sell for in the industry I am interested in?
12. How do I set up a cost effective accounting system using Quickbooks?
13. How can I structure the purchase in order to maximize my tax write-offs?
14. What will lenders require from me to obtain financing?
15. How do I contribute capital in order to avoid taxes
upon payback of my investment?
16. How can I maximize depreciation on the assets I am buying?
17. How much should I expect to borrow in order to buy the business?
18. What are the least expensive sources of capital?
19. What is more important; the price or the terms?
20. How do I register the newly acquired business with IRS and Illinois?
21. What are my responsibilities for payroll taxes?
22. What form of entity is best used to acquire and operate the business?
23. How can I best protect myself (and my assets) from creditors and other claims?
24. How should I own the real estate that will be used by the business?
25. Should I buy stock or assets of the business? What are the advantages
Call Jim Cunningham at 630-208-0071 (Ext 24) for help with one or all of the above
financial, tax and accounting issues. Our team of 10 hard working professionals
specializes in working with business owners and investors to maximize their cash
flow and minimize their tax liabilities through creative tax planning techniques.
Maybe you have questions about the financial commitment you are about to enter
into or you are just not 100% confident about the prospective purchase. Many times
a second opinion (from an independent professional) can be a big help. To assist you
in making the right decision we are here to help YOU, the buyer. We are NOT business
brokers, commissioned salespeople, financiers, lenders, mortgage brokers or sellers of
any product. Our time and efforts are focused on providing the business buyer with
advice and counsel in the business purchase process.